If you need inspiration or a fool-proof way to cook your NIKU Farms grass-fed meat, try these Classic Stuffed Peppers which are full of flavour and easy to make. These stuffed peppers use tomatoes, grass-fed beef and parmesan cheese to make them tender and full of flavour. An easy crowd pleaser! This recipe uses our grass-fed ground beef. Grab a pack for your family here.
Classic Stuffed Peppers
- 6 peppers – any colour. You can look for a flatter-bottomed pepper, but also just trim a little off the bottom, as needed.
- 2-3 tbsp ghee, butter or olive oil
- 1 lb NIKU grass-fed ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-2 cups tomato sauce
- Fresh basil and parsley for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Cut the tops off 6 medium bell peppers. Remove the seeds and place the peppers in a baking dish that fits them all, standing upright.
- Heat a pan over medium/low heat and add a tbsp ghee. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Add more ghee as necessary to cook the meat, stirring to break up the pieces. The meat will brown quickly. Remove and let it rest.
- Add another tbsp of ghee to the pan. Add the onions and garlic and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, balsamic vinegar and thyme and stir to combine.
- Take off the heat and add the meat, rice and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Mix well. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Fill the peppers with the tomato and meat mixture.
- Pour the tomato sauce around the peppers until it reaches about ⅓ of the way up the peppers.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil and place in the preheated oven to bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tinfoil and sprinkle the other ¼ cup of cheese over the peppers. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with freshly chopped basil or parsley.
Check out all the packages that include Stewing beef.
Follow our Instagram @nikufarms to stay tuned with new recipes, and share your stuffed peppers on Instagram using the hashtag #NIKUcooks to be featured on our story!